Besides Nia I have studied Qigong, Shamanism, Reiki and Yin Yoga. They all work with energy.
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body through which energy flows. Blocked energy in one or more of the 7 Chakras can lead to illness. It’s important to understand what each Chakra represents and what can be done to keep the energy in motion, flowing.
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. It is located at the base of the spine in tailbone area. Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. It is located at the lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel (lower dan tien). It is the gravity center of the body and the inner energy pump. Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives. It is located at the upper abdomen in the stomach area. Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love. It is located in the center of chest just above heart. Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate. It is located at the throat. Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. It is located at the forehead between the eyes. Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. It is located at the very top of the head. Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.